1 a date; usually with a member of the opposite sex [syn: rendezvous]
2 a secret rendezvous (especially between lovers) [syn: assignation]
EtymologyVariant of trist.
- Rhymes: -ɪst
prearranged meeting, now especially between lovers
- Hungarian: találka, légyott, randevú
- Japanese: 逢い引き
- Russian: свидание, встреча
(obsolete) a mutual agreement, a covenant
- Russian: соглашение
- ttbc Kurdish: jivan
to arrange or appoint
- Japanese: 合う約束をする
Tryst may refer to:
- A meeting of two lovers, as in Courtship
- Tryst (book), a book by Elswyth Thane
- Tryst (drama), a play by Karoline Leach
- The nightclub at Steven Wynn's hotel and casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- IIT Delhi Technical Festival
- The chosen nickname of Tristan Jackson, singer for The Cavalry, which is properly pronounced with a short i sound, despite objection from Tanner Thomason.